What is Skills Support for the Workforce?
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a training programme co-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). This funding was created to help small and medium sized businesses to grow and boost local economies by providing training courses and qualifications to their employees at no cost to them.
How it works
Training Providers and Colleges are given SSW funding to identify SME skills gaps and recommend bespoke training plans. By developing and implementing these plans, the workforce's immediate and long term skills needs can be met which helps businesses to meet their growth ambitions.
To be eligible for the Skills Support for the Workforce funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 16 or over
- Working for a small to medium sized company (has less than 250 employees)
- Not an apprentice
What can we do to help?
We offer a range of options for employees through this funding, with a range of subject areas being covered depending on priority. These can include Customer Service, Leadership and Management, Healthcare, Digital, and Sustainability, plus many more.
The options we have available include:
- Accredited qualifications in a range of levels and subjects
- Accredited learning resources to support delivery
- AAT resources
- Functional Skills – English and Maths
- Essentials – Employability programme covering subjects such as job searching, CV writing, social awareness, and more
- Over 50 online auto-marked CPD short courses in a range of subjects
Get in touch with our expert team today!Enquire now