Functional Skills: English Entry Level 2
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of Entry Level 2 English, including core modules that will aid employability and confidence in key skills.
Our e-learning resources are sequenced to challenge the learner and maximise the development of crucial skills for work and life. Learners will work through all the key modules for English, to fully prepare themselves for their Functional Skills examinations.
This course includes three modules:
Reading (Functional Skills English Entry Level 2)
- Unit 1: Different situations and different purposes of texts
Unit 1 summary: Learners will explore texts in different situations and with different purposes. This unit will also cover homographs and homonyms.
- Unit 2: Textual features and devices
Unit 2 summary: Learners will look at different organisational features that can be used in a piece of text and how these can be identified when reading.
- Unit 3: Understanding a range of specialist words in context
Unit 3 summary: In this unit learners will look at how to understand a range of specialist words in context and how to research words that are unfamiliar to them.
Speaking, Listening and Communication (Functional Skills English Entry Level 2)
- Unit 1: Identifying and following relevant information from questions
Unit 1 summary: Learners will look at how they can develop and improve their listening skills and will consider how crucial these skills are when it comes to giving and receiving instructions or holding an important conversation.
- Unit 2: Responding to questions, following discussions, making appropriate contributions and communicating feelings
Unit 2 summary: Learners will look at how they can develop and improve their speaking skills and will consider how crucial these skills are when it comes to speaking to people in different scenarios and for different purposes. In this unit learners will also look at the process of making appropriate contributions to discussions.
Writing (Functional Skills English Entry Level 2)
- Unit 1: Punctuation, grammar and sentence structure
Unit 1 summary: In this unit, learners will look at the use of a variety of punctuation, grammar and sentence structure features within writing. Learners will consider how each of these features can impact on overall sentence structure and the flow of a piece of writing.
- Unit 2: Spelling
Unit 2 summary: Learners will look at the importance of correctly spelling common words used in work, study and daily life. They will consider the use of singular and plural words, nouns and verbs, syllables, vowels and consonants, and how all of these can impact on spelling techniques.
- Unit 3: Producing a form for personal information, using compound sentences and adjectives
Unit 3 summary: Within this unit, learners will focus how to fill out personal information forms and extra information they may come across on forms. Learners will also gain an understanding of when to use compound sentences and adjectives.
The benefits of this course include:
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing your learners to choose when and where they study
- Study will enhance both your learners personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure that they have the support needed to succeed.