Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
To be eligible for funding you must be aged 19 or over, have been living in the European Union for the last 3 years and have not previously completed the course you are wanting to enrol on.
If you do not complete the course, you may be liable to a £100 resource and registration fee.
In 2017, there were 412 arrests for terrorism-related offences. With issues of human rights, hate crime and democracy becoming ever more prevalent in the UK and the world, it is more important than ever to be informed on the measures that can be taken to help prevent terrorism and promote safeguarding and British Values in society.
This course will equip your staff with a detailed understanding of how to recognise and prevent radicalisation and extremism, the principles of safeguarding, the Prevent duty and its importance in society, and the importance of online safety and British Values.
This course is split into four manageable units:
Unit 1: Principles of safeguarding
Unit 2: The Prevent duty and its importance in society
Unit 3: The importance of online safety
Unit 4: The importance of British Values
The benefits of this course include:
- Your staff will gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Your staff will develop a greater understanding of the Prevent duty and British Values
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing your staff to choose when and where they study
- Study will enhance both your staffs personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to each staff member to ensure that they have the support needed to succeed.
Once your staff have completed this course, they could progress onto the following:
Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Certificate in Behaviour that Challenges in Children