Level 3 Teaching Assistant Course
Level 3 Teaching Assistant
The Skills Network's Apprenticeship for Teaching Assistants at level 3 will aid Apprentices in supporting the teacher to enhance pupil's learning and ensure each individual understands the work set and their learning objectives. Apprentices will build on their pastoral skills by promoting self-belief, social inclusion and high self-esteem into each pupil's well being.
The Skills Network offers individualised learning to each Apprentice, and heavily involves the employer with all curriculum scoping to ensure progress is meaningful. In addition, the curriculum scoping exercise provides an opportunity to review prior learning and completed qualifications, with the aim of personalising Apprenticeships to support and enhance your business, and therefore your Apprentices’ progress and progression.
We have the ability to individualise every Apprentices scheme of work to produce a bespoke delivery plan tailored around the individuals need by incorporating content from our e-learning catalogue giving a more enhanced Apprenticeship and experience for the Apprentice.
At The Skills Network, prior attainment is carefully considered from the start to ensure time on programme within employment is maximised. The Skills Network's thorough IAG ensures that each Apprentice understands the context of their learning, the assessment methodology and that their future career progression is carefully mapped into their journey by their Trainer.<
Individual employers may set any entry requirements which may include:
- It is desirable that candidates would have achieved a level 2 in Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE Grade C or above) prior to commencing their apprenticeship training. For those apprentices who are yet to achieve a level 2 in Maths and English will have the opportunity to complete these qualifications during their apprenticeship. However, a level 2 must be achieved in these areas before they qualify for entry to their end-point assessment.
During the duration of the apprenticeship your staff will develop a range of new knowledge, skills and behaviours which will add significant value to each apprentices overall learning, progress and development. Examples include:
- Understanding how pupils learn and develop
- Working with teachers to understand and support assessment for learning
- Keeping children safe in education
- Developing strategies for support
- Communication and team work
- Problem solving/ability to motivate pupils
- Building relationships/embracing change
- Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
- Professional standards and personal accountability
The benefits of this level 3 apprenticeship include:
Once your employees have completed this apprenticeship, they could progress on to the following:
Children, Young People and Families Practitioner
Children, Young People and Families Manager
For further guidance/information on funding an apprenticeship visit: here