Software Development Technician Apprenticeship
The Skills Network's Level 3 Software Development Technician Apprenticeship is typically aimed at those staff that work as part of a Software Development Team, to builds simple software components (whether web, mobile or desktop applications) to be used by other members of the team as part of larger software development projects. They will interpret simple design requirements for discrete components of the project under supervision. The approach will typically include implementing code which other team members have developed to produce the required component. The Software Development Technician will also be engaged in testing that the specific component meets its intended functionality.
The Skills Network offers individualised learning to each Apprentice, and heavily involves the employer with all curriculum scoping to ensure progress is meaningful. In addition, the curriculum scoping exercise provides an opportunity to review prior learning and completed qualifications, with the aim of personalising Apprenticeships to support and enhance your business, and therefore your Apprentices’ progress and progression.
We have the ability to individualise every Apprentices scheme of work to produce a bespoke delivery plan tailored around the individuals need by incorporating content from our e-learning catalogue giving a more enhanced Apprenticeship and experience for the Apprentice.
At The Skills Network, prior attainment is carefully considered from the start to ensure time on programme within employment is maximised. The Skills Network's thorough IAG ensures that each Apprentice understands the context of their learning, the assessment methodology and that their future career progression is carefully mapped into their journey by their Trainer.
Individual employers may set any entry requirements which may include:
- It is desirable that candidates would have achieved a level 2 in Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE Grade C or above) prior to commencing their Apprenticeship training. Those Apprentices who are yet to achieve a level 2 in English and Maths will have the opportunity to complete these qualifications during their Apprenticeship. However, a level 2 must be achieved in these areas before they qualify for entry to their End Point Assessment (EPA).
During the duration of the Apprenticeship, your staff will develop a range of new knowledge, skills and behaviours which will add significant value to each Apprentice’s overall learning, progress and development. Examples include:
- Recognises that there are different methodologies that can be used for software development
- Understands the structure of software applications
- Understands all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility.
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintains productive, professional and secure working environment.
The benefits of this level 3 Apprenticeship include:
Once your employees have completed this Apprenticeship, they could progress on to the following:
For further guidance/information on funding an Apprenticeship, please click here