Fair and Diverse Society
Level 2 Certificate in Living in a Fair and Diverse Society
To be eligible for funding you must be aged 19 or over, have been living in the European Union for the last 3 years and have not previously completed the course you are wanting to enrol on.
If you do not complete the course, you may be liable to a £100 resource and registration fee.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) reports that unemployment rates were approximately 6% higher for ethnic minorities than white people in 2018. This is just one example of the inequalities that still exist throughout the UK. Therefore, it is crucial to ensure that we educate ourselves about supporting and promoting equality and British Values.
This qualification aims to improve your staffs' knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusivity, and the four British Values, for either their personal or professional life.
This course is split into four manageable units:
Unit 1: Equality and Diversity
- Section 1: Equality in daily life
- Section 2: Diversity in daily life
- Section 3: Inclusion in daily life
- Section 4: The impact of the Equal Pay Act 1970
- Section 5: The impact of the Equality Act 2010
Unit 2: Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Section 1: How to promote equality and diversity in daily life
- Section 2: How to promote equality and diversity in own life
- Section 3: How to promote inclusion in daily life
Unit 3: Positive Equality Movements
- Section 1: The need for positive equality in daily life
- Section 2: Discrimination in daily life towards others
- Section 3: Positive equality events held in the UK
Unit 4: British Values
- Section 1: British Values as they apply to all residents of the United Kingdom
- Section 2: Democracy as it applies in the United Kingdom
- Section 3: The Rule of Law as it relates to daily life in the United Kingdom
- Section 4: Individual Liberty as it relates to daily life in the United Kingdom
- Section 5: Mutual Respect and Tolerance as it relates to daily life in the United Kingdom
The benefits of this course include:
- Your staff will gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Your staff will develop a greater understanding of the Prevent duty and British Values
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing your staff to choose when and where they study
- Study will enhance both their personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to your staff to ensure that they have the support needed to succeed.
Once your staff have completed this course, they could progress onto the following:
Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care
Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care