Essentials is an interactive programme of learning created to support the delivery of PSE within your college. The content includes a number of related topics under the headings of Employability, Self Development and Social Awareness.
The programme is offered in bite-sized chunks of online learning to enable easy and efficient delivery, therefore adding value to the learners' main programme of study.
Essentials is a cost-effective method for delivering tutorial and pastoral programmes, whilst meeting both the requirements of the 16-19 Study Programmes, and the key themes within the Common Inspection Framework.
- Offers a comprehensive tutorial programme
- Interactive and engaging
- Promotes independent learning
- Automatic tracking of learning progress
- No set up fees.
Through EQUAL we have developed several sections of learning to cover Self Development, Social Awareness and Employability to meet the Ofsted common inspection framework guidelines.
Essentials utilises bite-sized chunks of online learning to enable efficient classroom delivery.
- Managing your social behaviour
- Communicating with others socially
- Understanding stress
- Understanding anxiety
- Understanding depression
- Understanding eating disorders
- Understanding equality and diversity
- The Human Rights Act 1998
- Finding information about your rights.
- Understanding demands of study and setting targets for study
- Finding, using and keeping information
- Organising your study time
- Listening and contributing when learning
- What makes a healthy diet?
- Healthy food preparation
- Food safety awareness
- Barriers that can prevent a healthy diet
- The principles of exercise
- The principles of nutrition
- Alcohol awareness
- Substance misuse
- Sexual health awareness
- Money management.
- Developing yourself and your strengths
- Planning and reviewing your self development
- Identifying and dealing with problems in daily life
- Key qualities required for employment
- Presenting information on a CV
- Job search skills
- Preparing for an interview
- Presenting yourself
- Rights and responsibilities
- Identifying achievable job goals
- Identifying and applying for jobs.