Essentials Personal Development Programme
The Essentials Study Programme is targeted towards anyone wanting to develop their skills for life and work.
The career development training is aimed at anyone seeking opportunities to help boost career development and self-development, both academically and socially.
The personal development covers social awareness and self-development, particularly in relation to communication skills, awareness of mental health conditions and understanding of nutrition and well-being. This course will also educate in online awareness, money management and current affairs.
The self-development training covers topics in relation to revision, learning, critical thinking and developing long-term memory.
- Fully online course
- Study from anywhere, at any time
- A great addition to a CV
- Access to an award-winning e-learning platform
- No hidden costs
Cost and Funding Information
Study this course
Essentials Career Development
Unit 1: Pre-employment
In this unit, explore how to use LinkedIn in the job search, skills needed for job searching and how to apply for jobs. Also look at how to develop their strengths, how to write a CV and the kinds of career options available.
Sections in this unit:
- Using social media platforms to present yourself and search for jobs
- Job Search Skills
- Applying for jobs
- Developing yourself and your strengths
- Presenting information on a CV
- Identify a range of career options
Unit 2: Interview
Learn how to effectively plan for different types of interviews, and how to present themselves both physically and verbally in order to create a good impression.
Sections included in this unit:
- Planning for an interview
- Presenting yourself
Unit 3: During Employment
Gain an insight into how to identify and deal with problems such as workplace issues and stress in daily life, as well as learning about digital skills and how to improve these.
Sections included in this subject area:
- Identifying and dealing with problems in daily life
- Digital skills
Essentials Social Awareness
Unit 1: Communicating
- Section 1: Managing your social behaviour
- Section 2: Communicating with others socially
- Section 3: Understanding equality and diversity
- Section 4: Understanding your rights
- Section 5: Safeguarding and Prevent
- Section 6: Understanding learning difficulties
- Section 7: Creating healthy relationships
Unit 1 summary:
In this unit, explore examples of positive and negative social behaviour, different forms of communication and when they are appropriate, as well as looking at key pieces of legislation such as The Equality Act 2010 and The Human Rights Act 1998. Look at radicalisation, terrorism, and extremism and how the Prevent strategy is working to address these issues in society.
Unit 2: Common mental health problems
- Section 1: Understanding stress
- Section 2: Understanding anxiety
- Section 3: Understanding depression
- Section 4: Understanding eating disorders
- Section 1: Food safety awareness
- Section 2: The principles of nutrition and a healthy diet
- Section 3: The principles of exercise
- Section 4: Alcohol awareness
- Section 5: Substance misuse awareness
- Section 6: Sexual health awareness
- Section 7: Talking matters
- Section 1: Awareness of online safety
- Section 2: Awareness of social media
- Section 3: Awareness of grooming and exploitation
- Section 4: Creating a positive body image
- Section 1: Personal household budgeting
- Section 2: Professional budgeting
- Section 1: Awareness of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Section 2: Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ+)
- Section 3: Awareness of domestic violence
- Section 4: Awareness of gangs and drug channels
- Section 5: Environmental impact
- Section 6: Politics
- Section 7: Understanding British Values
- Section 8: Young carers
- Section 9: Forced marriage
Unit 2 summary:
In this unit, explore the possible causes of each mental health problem, the signs and symptoms of them and the different ways they can be treated. Consider the impact of each mental health problem on an individual’s life and the ways in which those closest to an individual – such as friends and family – can be affected.
Unit 3: Nutrition, exercise and well-being
Unit 3 summary:
Consider the principles of preparing and storing food, the importance of personal hygiene, the different food groups and how to maintain a healthy diet, plus the benefits of exercise. This unit also looks at the signs of addictive behaviour, the long-term effects of substance misuse, the importance of consent and different types of sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Consider why it is important to talk about feelings and emotions and will consider ways they can encourage people to talk or make use of talking support services that are available.
Unit 4: Online awareness
Unit 4 summary:
Consider the potential dangers of online activity and social media, whilst looking into the impact of trolling, cyber bullying, and body image. This unit also covers the different types of exploitation and how to spot the signs of someone being exploited.
Unit 5: Money management
Unit 5 summary:
In this unit, develop skills around setting realistic budgets and setting up household bills, whilst looking into the different types of tax and the dangers around loans. Also develop crucial skills and knowledge surrounding purchasing a house, applying for a mortgage, and saving money as part of a financial plan.
Unit 6: Current affairs
Unit 6 summary:
This unit covers a wide range of sensitive topics including the different types of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), discrimination surrounding the LGBTQ+ community. It also covers the signs and symptoms of domestic violence, the impact of knife crime and the signs of someone being forced to marry against their will. This unit aims to increase awareness of current affairs and the modern world we live in, to improve their social awareness overall.
Essentials Self Development
Unit 1: Revision
In this unit, explore how to set targets and organise study time, as well as how to revise effectively. Also look at the different styles of referencing, how to write an effective essay, and how to critically analyse literature.
Sections in this unit:
Section 1: Understanding the demands of study and setting targets for study
Section 2: Effective revision techniques and practices
Section 3: Referencing styles
Section 4: Effective essay writing
Unit 2: Learning
In this unit, explore different techniques for effective and meaningful learning, as well as developing an understanding of mindfulness. Learn critical thinking skills and look at activities to develop long-term memory.
Sections included in this unit:
Section 1: Techniques for effective learning
Section 2: Critical thinking
Section 3: Long-term memory development
With our combination of market-leading learning resources, exceptional customer service and award-winning LMS solutions, we are confident we can assist with your education and training delivery needs.Enquire now