Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
This qualification is aimed at anyone seeking to develop their knowledge of the principles and different aspects of being an assessor. Topics covered include planning for assessment, involving learners and others in assessment, understanding quality assurance in assessment, managing information relating to assessment, and the legal and good practice requirements assessors should be aware of.
- Fully online course
- Study from anywhere, at any time
- Gain an accredited level 2 qualification
- Nationally recognised
- Access to an award-winning e-learning platform
- Perfect for beginners
- Unlimited support from qualified tutors
- Receive a digital e-certificate upon completion
- No hidden costs
Cost and Funding Information
Study this course
Unit 1: Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Section 1: Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
- Section 2: Understand how to plan assessment
- Section 3: Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Section 4: Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Section 5: Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
- Section 6: Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment.
In this unit, learners will look at types of assessment, the role and responsibilities of the assessor, legislation relating to assessment and considerations to be made when planning assessment. They will also learn about different ways of involving learners and others in assessment, the importance of quality assurance and how to track and monitor assessments. Other topics covered include giving feedback, using technology in assessment, CPD, and other good practice in relation to assessment.
With our combination of market-leading learning resources, exceptional customer service and award-winning LMS solutions, we are confident we can assist with your education and training delivery needs.Enquire now