Level 2 Alcohol Personal Licence Holders (E-learning Course, Exam and Digital Handbook)
Get your APLH licence online from the comfort of your own home with our BIIAB-accredited Level 2 award for personal licence holders for England and Wales.
No classrooms or exam centres-nothing!
Our flexible APLH course online bundle will equip you with all the learning required to become a personal licence holder, including a helpful digital handbook, which provides an overview of the course content, ideal for revision.
Who needs personal licence training?
Personal licence training and securing a premises licence is a mandatory requirement and authorises individuals who hold a personal licence to carry out licensable activities such as selling alcohol by retail or supply or authorising the sale of alcohol.
Personal Licence holders commonly work in the following types of licensed premises.
- Bars & Restaurants
- Off Licence Stores
- Temporary Events
How do I get a personal licence?
Upon completion of our Level 2 personal licence training, we also take care of the registration process for your APLH online exam. You don’t even need to call us, we’ll call you!
You will shortly be contacted by an Exams Officer from The Skills Network and they will book your external online examination. The personal licence exam is conducted remotely, with multiple exam slots available so you can choose a time that suits you and works perfectly around any shift patterns or family demands.
For your online APLH exam, you’ll need…
- A quiet area where you won't be distracted
- A computer with a webcam facility for invigilation purposes only
- Some form of personal identification
Once you receive your BIIAB certificate, you can apply for a personal licence with your local council.
Read more about APLH over on our BLOG
- 1-day course with instant exam results (subject to remote invigilation)
- Paper BIIAB Level 2 Award certificate for presentation to your local council
- Lifetime qualification (England & Wales only)
- 100% online study and examination (no classrooms or exam centres-nothing!)
- Self-paced study from anywhere are any time
- Access to our award-winning LMS
- Engaging and interactive study content
Cost and Funding Information
Study this course
Buy the course today and begin your journey to qualification
Unit 1: Legal and social responsibilities of a personal licence holder
Section 1: Personal licensing
- The nature of personal licensing
- The purpose of personal licensing
- The validity of personal licensing
- The application process
Section 2: Understand the roles, responsibilities and functions of a personal licence
- Legal duties when applying for a personal licence
- Legal duties in relation to holding a personal licence
- The roles and responsibilities of licensing authorities
- The functioning of licensing authorities
- Licensing objectives
- The importance of partnerships in promoting objectives
- The effects of alcohol on the body
Section 3: Premises licences
- The law in relation to premises licences
- The role and responsibility of designated premises supervisors (DPS)
Section 4: The law in relation to licenced premises
- The law in relation to temporary event notices (TEN)
- The rights and legal duties in relation to the operation of licenced premises
- The law in relation to the protection of children on licenced premises
- The power of police and other authorities in relation to licenced premises
- Prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licenced premises
With our combination of market-leading learning resources, exceptional customer service and award-winning LMS solutions, we are confident we can assist with your education and training delivery needs.Enquire now