CPD Keeping Young People Safe Online
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to expand their knowledge on keeping young people safe online. The course will provide learners with a general understanding of how and why it’s crucial to promote the safety and welfare of young people in an online setting. Learners will also delve into the laws that are in place, how to spot signs of abuse, and the different technologies available.
- Automatic enrolment with an immediate start
- Fully online course
- Study from anywhere, at any time
- Perfect for an introduction or refresher in a subject
- A great addition to a CV
- Receive a digital e-certificate upon completion
- Nationally recognised
- Access to an award-winning e-learning platform
- No hidden costs
Cost and Funding Information
Study this course
Buy the course today and begin your journey to qualification
Unit 1: Keeping Young People Safe Online
- Section 1: The facts – What is online safety?
- Section 2: Why now? – Understand why awareness is important
- Section 3: Skillscast (video content only)
- Section 4: Lead by example – Understand how to protect those at risk and support survivors
Section 1 summary:
In this section, learners will be introduced to what online safety means in the modern era, the different types of technologies that young people use, and the signs and behaviours that may indicate online abuse is taking place. Learners will also explore the policies, legislations and laws that relate to keeping young people safe online.
Section 2 summary:
In Section 2, learners will explore statistics relating to keeping young people safe online, and recent media reports regarding safety concerns in online gaming, social media and virtual reality.
Section 3 summary:
This section is video content only.
Section 4 summary:
In the final section, learners will cover how to access advice and support for parents and carers, and explore the support available to young people themselves. Learners will also be introduced to how organisations can make online platforms safer for young people.
With our combination of market-leading learning resources, exceptional customer service and award-winning LMS solutions, we are confident we can assist with your education and training delivery needs.Enquire now