TSN recognised as 2019 ‘Large Business of The Year’
Details: Written by Benjamin Atkinson
The Skills Network (TSN) was absolutely delighted to be recognised as the ‘Large Business of The Year’ last week at the 2019 York Press Business Awards.
The award celebrates TSN as the one of the highest prevailing organisations throughout the entirety of North and East Yorkshire. The award was presented to TSN last Thursday at York Racecourse.
We were applauded for the significant impact we’ve had on organisations and students across the UK, by providing both engaging distance learning courses, and innovative online learning solutions.
Our considerable impact within Yorkshire was also celebrated, with TSN continuing to work with local college partners to offer fully funded distance learning courses to students and business throughout the region, in areas such as:
- Adult health and social care
- Business, leadership and event planning
- Childcare, early years and education
- Health and well-being
- Mental health
- Personal development.
Having continued to invest into our talented team, and by innovating online learning, we were ultimately congratulated for inspiring individuals and businesses to advance their professional development via flexible, certified, distance learning!
This award is an extraordinary achievement for all our staff, students, college and employer partners, so a huge well done to everyone involved with The Skills Network.
For a brief highlight of our best year to date, TSN achieved the below across the 2018/2019 academic year:
- Over 35,000 annual learners studied with TSN, with exceptional achievement rates across:
- Reached a portfolio of over 120 courses, complete with certified content, videos and additional resources
- 900,000 global users have now benefited from online learning via our EQUAL learning platform since 2013
- Engaged with global employers – working with the likes of Sodexo, Primark, Trades Union Congress and Thomson Reuters to deliver national staff training programmes
- Sub-contracted with over 40 Further Education colleges in the UK, helping to enhance their distance learning provision
- Supported over 1,400 teachers in schools and Multi-Academy Trusts (MATs) to achieve additional specialist qualifications, having partnered with over 600 academies
- Signed a three-year international contract to deliver online learning to 5,000 people in Botswana to innovate education in Southern Africa
- Learning platform growth – enabled over 50 new organisations to implement our ‘EQUAL’ learning platform to deliver courses to their students/staff, or create their own learning programmes
- Provided online training content and learning resources to over 100 private training providers and colleges in the UK.
- Industry-standard qualifications (level 1-4)
- Apprenticeships (level 1-5)
- Online short courses (CPD certified).
Study or partner with The Skills Network
If you are interested in browsing all of our courses and studying with The Skills Network, please click here.
If your organisation or college is interested in working with TSN, including accessing funded training, please click here.