Free Training Courses in 2022, a Trick or a Treat?
Details: Written by Kelly Worsnop
*This has been updated from the original 2021 blog
The Adult Education Budget (AEB) is a government-funded scheme in England which aims to engage people aged 19 or over in learning and provide them with skills and knowledge to help them progress in their careers.
This funding, worth up to £800 per person, per course, can be accessed through local training providers or colleges, and allows both individuals and businesses to upskill at no cost to them. At The Skills Network, we have partnered with colleges across the country, helping them to use their allocated AEB funding by providing with remote distance learning opportunities.
For employers, the AEB is a great resource to improve the skills and knowledge of their workforce. If you would like to find out more about upskilling your staff, or would like to study a course yourself, just get in touch to get started.
Funding eligibility criteria
- Must be aged 19 or over
- Must currently live in England
- Must have lived in the EU for the last 3 years
- Must not have previously studied the course you are applying for or another course where the content is similar
- Must not currently be enrolled on another government-funded education programme, either with The Skills Network or any other provider
- (If aged between 19 and 23, you must already have a level 2 or equivalent qualification)
You can find out more about AEB funding here
Skills in Demand
In our Skills Gap Trend Report, research revealed a range of skills in demand across the UK, and with over 48 training courses available in a range of different subjects for FREE through Adult Education Budget funding, upskilling with us just makes sense!
Check out the top in-demand skills below:
Top hard skills in demand nationally:
- Agile Methodology
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Business Development
- Mental Health
- Customer Relationship Management
Top soft skills in demand nationally:
- Customer Service
- Detail Oriented
To check out our full list of free courses, click here
If you are an employer and would like to find out more about free training for your staff, click here