health | and | social | care | apprenticeships
Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
The Skills Network's Level 3 Apprenticeship for Adult Care Workers covers all adult care practices, principles and standards. Apprentices will grow their leadership skills, confidence, professionalism and adaptability, ensuring they become a valued leader in any workforce.
The Skills Network offers highly individualised learning and heavily involves the employer with all curriculum scoping to ensure Apprentice progress is meaningful. Prior attainment is carefully considered from the starting point to ensure time on programme is maximised.
The Skills Network offers strong IAG to ensure that each Apprentice understands the context of their learning, the assessment methodology and that their future career progression is carefully mapped into their journey.
In addition, the curriculum scoping exercise provides an opportunity to review prior learning and completed qualifications, with the aim of personalising Apprenticeships to support and enhance your business, and therefore your Apprentices’ progress and progression.
During the duration of the apprenticeship your staff will develop a range of new knowledge, skills and behaviours which will add significant value to each apprentices overall learning, progress and development. Examples include:
- How to create and develop a care plan based on the person’s preferences in the way they want to be supported
- How to communicate clearly both verbally and non-verbally and able to influence others to maximise the quality of interaction
- What to do when there is an accident or sudden illness and take appropriate action
- Implement/facilitate the specialist assessment of social, physical, emotional and spiritual needs of individuals with cognitive, sensory and physical impairments
- Demonstrate and ensure that records and reports are written clearly and concisely
- Carry out fire safety procedures and manage others to do so
The benefits of this level 3 apprenticeship include:
Once your employees have completed this apprenticeship, they could progress on to the following:
For further guidance/information on funding an apprenticeship visit: here