CPD Safeguarding in Out-of-School Settings
This course is aimed at anyone who works within an out-of-school settings, especially those working directly with children and young people. This course will provide learners with an understanding of how to and why it’s crucial to promote the safety and welfare of minors in their care.
- Automatic enrolment with an immediate start
- Fully online course
- Study from anywhere, at any time
- Perfect for an introduction or refresher in a subject
- A great addition to a CV
- Receive a digital e-certificate upon completion
- Nationally recognised
- Access to an award-winning e-learning platform
- No hidden costs
Cost and Funding Information
Study this course
Buy the course today and begin your journey to qualification
Unit 1: Safeguarding in Out-of-School Settings
- Section 1: The facts – What is safeguarding?
- Section 2: The why – Understand why awareness is important
- Section 3: Skillscast (video content only)
- Section 4: The how – Understand how to protect those at risk and support survivors
Section 1 summary:
In this section, learners will be introduced to the different types of abuse, the signs and behaviours that may indicate abuse is taking place, and the policies and legislation that underpin these types of abuse. Learners will also explore the impact abuse has on survivors.
Section 2 summary:
In Section 2, learners will be able to recognise why safeguarding is important within out-of-school settings, and will explore statistics relating to safeguarding, online safety and child abuse.
Section 3 summary:
This section is video content only. Learners will watch interviews with staff who work within out-of-school settings.
Section 4 summary:
In the final section, learners will cover how to recognise, respond and report any safeguarding concerns, understand what ‘multi-agency working’ is, and outline the supportive services and resources available. Learners will also be introduced to ways in which users can promote and implement online safety.
With our combination of market-leading learning resources, exceptional customer service and award-winning LMS solutions, we are confident we can assist with your education and training delivery needs.Enquire now