Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship
Apprentices on the Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship will learn how to work and interact effectively with children in an educational setting. This includes organising activities, encouraging purposeful play opportunities, and most importantly ensuring a child’s welfare and safety at all times. Apprentices will explore how to work with children under the supervision of an Early Years Educator or teacher to meet the needs and interests of children within early years settings. Apprentices will increase in confidence and professionalism and become a valuable member of any early years team.
The Skills Network offers individualised learning to each Apprentice, and heavily involves you in all curriculum scoping to ensure that professional development is meaningful. In addition, the curriculum scoping exercise provides an opportunity to review prior learning and completed qualifications, with the aim of personalising Apprenticeships to support and enhance your business, and therefore your Apprentices’ progress.
We have the ability to individualise every Apprentice’s scheme of work to produce a bespoke delivery plan tailored around the individual’s needs by incorporating content from our e-learning catalogue, providing a more enhanced experience for the Apprentice. Prior attainment is carefully considered from the start to ensure time on the programme is maximised. The Skills Network offers strong Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) to ensure that each Apprentice understands the context of their learning, the assessment methodology and that their future career progression is carefully mapped into their journey.
Individual employers may set any entry requirements, which may include the following: It is desirable that candidates would have achieved a level 2 in Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE Grade C or above) prior to commencing their Apprenticeship training. Those Apprentices who are yet to achieve a level 2 in English and Maths will have the opportunity to complete these qualifications during their Apprenticeship. However, a level 2 must be achieved in these areas before they qualify for entry to their End Point Assessment (EPA).
16 to 24 Months
Workplace (direct delivery)
- Apprentices will gain a nationally recognised and accredited qualification
- Improve staff retention
- Work in partnership with a nationally recognised training provider
- Employees get access to award-winning learning and assessment materials
- Bespoke support to ensure Apprentices access high quality ‘off the job’ learning
- See rapid improvements in employees' performance, productivity and behaviours that will benefit your organisation
- Employees have access to unlimited support from a qualified trainer and a Learner Support Advisor (LSA) throughout their apprenticeship
Cost and Funding Information
Study this course
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship, staff will develop a range of new knowledge, skills and behaviours which will add significant value to each Apprentices overall learning, progress and development. Examples include:
- How children learn and the expected pattern of babies and children’s development from birth to 5 years
- The safeguarding requirements contained within mandatory local safeguarding training or nationally accredited equivalent
- Models for monitoring changes in a child’s well-being and their development overall
- The key stages in the observation, assessment and planning cycle and the value of observation for the child and the early years setting in planning the next steps
- Actively promotes respect, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Implements and reviews activities to support children’s development
- Identifies and manages evidence-based approaches and evaluates their effectiveness
- Honesty and integrity
- Professional practice
With our combination of market-leading learning resources, exceptional customer service and award-winning LMS solutions, we are confident we can assist with your education and training delivery needs.Enquire now
Our Apprenticeship programmes focus on improving business productivity and staff retention, while creating an efficient and skilled workforce. We can supply learning materials to support with the delivery of Apprenticeship standards.Enquire now