CPD Boundaryless Skills and Careers
The term ‘job for life’ is becoming less relevant and less achievable in today’s society. Rapid technological advancements, flattened hierarchies and decreased job stability due to financial meltdown have all contributed towards a shift in how we perceive and navigate our career paths. On average, a person will change career 5-7 times during their working life. This course is perfect for individuals who are considering a particular career path or career change.
The Boundaryless skills and careers short course will explore the concept of protean career paths and how they differ from traditional career trajectories. Learners will develop an understanding of what a job is in the context of the growing ‘open talent economy’. Develop a deeper understanding of boundaryless characteristics, allowing the learner to become more open to other career paths. Learners will develop a critical understanding of the benefits of self-management and how self-awareness plays a part in developing personal skills and abilities to increase chances of success. Understand the benefits of curiosity and how this can lead to new ideas, experiences, and career opportunities.
This short course is particularly well suited to graduates or anybody looking to improve their employability prospects.
- Automatic enrolment with an immediate start
- Fully online course
- Study from anywhere, at any time
- Perfect for an introduction or refresher in a subject
- A great addition to a CV
- Nationally recognised
- Access to an award-winning e-learning platform
- No hidden costs
Cost and Funding Information
Study this course
Buy the course today and begin your journey to qualification
Section 1: Defining boundaryless careers
- Define boundaryless and protean career paths and how they differ from traditional careers
Section 2: To gig or not to gig
- Develop an understanding of what a job is in the context of the growing gig/open talent economy
Section 3: Boundaryless characteristics
- Develop a deeper understanding of boundaryless characteristics allowing you to become more open to a boundaryless career mindset
Section 4: Mirror, mirror
- Develop a critical understanding of the benefits of self-management, and how self-awareness plays a part as a way of developing your own skills and abilities to increase your chances of success
Section 5: Curiouser and curiouser..
- Develop an understanding of the importance of curiosity and how this can lead to new ideas and experiences
Section 6: Hi ho, hi ho
- Develop a deeper understanding of how emotional and curiosity intelligence can help you identify the skills required for your chosen discipline
- Be able to build personal approaches to your career development in a complex world, during and after studying this course
With our combination of market-leading learning resources, exceptional customer service and award-winning LMS solutions, we are confident we can assist with your education and training delivery needs.Enquire now