Level 2 Infection Control Award
Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection
To be eligible for funding you must be aged 19 or over, have been living in the European Union for the last 3 years and have not previously completed the course you are wanting to enrol on.
If you do not complete the course, you may be liable to a £100 resource and registration fee.
An understanding of how to effectively prevent and control the spread of infection is crucial in ensuring that individuals do not unknowingly cause their family, friends, colleagues and any other people that they come into contact with to become unwell.
By completing this course, you will be equipped with a greater understanding of how to prevent and control the spread of infection, both in the workplace and in the home. You will also gain knowledge of how to identify infections, as well as the different types of infection.
This course is split into three manageable units:
Unit 1: Causes and spread of infection (8 questions)
Unit 2: The principles of infection prevention and control (18 questions)
Unit 3: Cleaning, decontamination and waste management (10 questions).
The benefits of this course include:
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification
- You will develop a greater understanding of the cause and spread of infection
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure that they have the support needed to succeed.
Once you have completed this course, you could progress onto the following:
Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care