level | 2 | apprenticeship
Level 2 Adult Care Worker
The Skills Network's Level 2 Apprenticeship for Adult Care Workers includes a wide range of topics comprising of adult care practices, care planning, duty of care, professional boundaries, dignity and respect, person-centred care, safeguarding and health and safety.
The Skills Network offers freely individualised learning to each Apprentice and heavily involves the employer with all curriculum scoping to ensure Apprentice progress is meaningful. Alongside this, prior attainment is carefully considered from the starting point to ensure time on programme is maximised.
The Skills Network offers strong IAG to ensure that each Apprentice understands the context of their learning, the assessment methodology and that their future career progression is carefully mapped into their journey.
In addition, the curriculum scoping exercise provides an opportunity to review prior learning and completed qualifications, with the aim of personalising Apprenticeships to support and enhance your business, and therefore your Apprentices’ progress and progression.
During the duration of the apprenticeship your staff will develop a range of new knowledge, skills and behaviours which will add significant value to each apprentices overall learning, progress and development. Examples include:
- How to identify, respond to and escalate changes to physical, social, and emotional needs of individuals
- How to access, follow and be compliant with regulations and organisational policies and procedures
- The health and safety responsibilities of self, employer and workers
- Demonstrate ability to work in partnership with others to support the individual
- Demonstrate how to reduce the spread of infection, including use of best practice in hand hygiene
- Provide individuals with information to enable them to have choice about the way they are supported
The benefits of this level 2 apprenticeship include:
Once your employees have completed this apprenticeship, they could progress on to the following:
Lead Adult Care Worker
Care Leadership and Management - General Adult Social Care
For further guidance/information on funding an apprenticeship visit: here