operations | department | management | apprenticeships
Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager
The Skills Network's Level 5 Apprenticeship in Operations / Departmental Management provides learners with the knowledge and skills required to become a certified management professional. Our course is expertly tailored to the job role of an Operations/Departmental Manager and teaches learners the skills required to manage teams and/or projects to achieve operational or departmental goals and objectives. The training we deliver teaches learners how to create and deliver operational plans, manage projects and lead and manage teams. Our curriculum will teach you about managing change, financial and resource management, talent management and coaching and mentoring. Developing these skills will create a concrete platform for your professional development as a certified management professional.
The Skills Network offers individualised learning to each Apprentice, and heavily involves the employer with all curriculum scoping to ensure progress is meaningful. In addition, the curriculum scoping exercise provides an opportunity to review prior learning and completed qualifications, with the aim of personalising Apprenticeships to support and enhance your business, and therefore your Apprentices’ progress and progression.
We have the ability to individualise every Apprentices scheme of work to produce a bespoke delivery plan tailored around the individuals need by incorporating content from our e-learning catalogue giving a more enhanced Apprenticeship and experience for the Apprentice.
Prior attainment is carefully considered, ensuring time on programme within employment is maximised and strong IAG ensures that the Apprentice understands the context of their learning and that their future career progression is mapped into their journey.
This Apprenticeship is designed for employees that manage teams, projects or departments. They are responsible for achieving clearly defined outcomes that are part of your organisation’s strategy and are keen to nurture their existing talents and a natural flair for leadership.
These individuals will be focused on high achievers that understand how to use management techniques to motivate and inspire their team and beyond. It is also suitable for independent business owners.
Individual employers may set any entry requirements which may include:
- It is desirable that candidates would have achieved a level 2 in Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE Grade C or above) prior to commencing their Apprenticeship training. For those Apprentices who are yet to achieve a level 2 in English and Maths and will have the opportunity to complete these qualifications during their Apprenticeship. However, a level 2 must be achieved in these areas before they qualify for entry to their end-point assessment.
During the duration of the Apprenticeship your staff will develop a range of new knowledge, skills and behaviours which will add significant value to each Apprentice's overall learning, progress and development. These will include:
- Interpersonal excellence – managing people and developing relationships
- Organisational Performance - delivering results
- Personal Effectiveness – managing self
- Managing People
- Project Management
- Decision Making
- Drive to achieve in all aspects of work
- Demonstrates resilience and accountability
- Determination when managing difficult situations
The benefits of this level 5 Apprenticeship include:
For further guidance/information on funding an Apprenticeship, please click here